Eye contact is very simple when it comes to courtship. We sometimes complicate it with our thoughts and emotions but it is important you see things and not judge them when reading any body language (get out of your own way and read the signs). I’ve been asked several times about eye contact when it comes to attraction quite few times; here is one rule with eye contact:
Rule 1. Eye Contact is imperative to advancing the courtship process.
A woman is not attracted until she shows eye contact in fact she hasn’t even noticed you if you haven’t made eye contact. This brings me to my next point:
Rule 2. There is no interest, attention, or attraction until there is eye contact.
This is why when it comes to reading attraction you must start with getting eye contact. This is getting her attention the first phase of Given’s courtship process.
When you go into a room and it is full of people you likely scan the room for familiar people or for attractive women. If you are looking around a room and you see something or someone you are interested or attracted to your eyes point at them. When you are attracted your eyes keep going over to her to not just get her attention but because of your interest in her. Women aren’t any different their eyes go to what they are most attracted to:
Rule 3. People tend to look at what we are attracted or interested in.
Now on to the Signs!
Repetition- A woman attracted to a man is going to keep making eye contact.
- Club/Bar Setting: She may make eye contact and look down or away, then return for eye contact a minute later.
- Group Setting: She will keep looking over at your eyes if she is attracted and you guys are interacting if it is just in the same group.
- Courting: If you are walking somewhere and the woman keeps looking over at you making eye contact.
- Shy Girls: They usually make quick eye contact and look down. They often show their attraction to guys by looking over and over again.
Note: Always baseline her behavior in accordance with the rest of the folks and how she interacts in the area.
Strong Long Lasting – A woman you make eye contact with who is attracted may make longer eye contact.
- Club/Bar Setting: This is that moment that stands still, you guys lay your eyes on each other and nothing else matters.
- Group Setting: A woman may keep making eye contact with him, baseline her behavior in relation to how she acts with other males in the group.
- Courting: Long lasting eye contact is essential for escalating the courtship process. If you are in a private setting you need the eye contact to become longer and longer.
- Confident Girls: Confident people make longer eye contact. Confident women annunciate their intentions they know what they want and go after it, but strong eye contact with confident women doesn’t always mean attraction. They will flirt with other signs.
Bedroom Eyes – Bedroom eyes are when a woman’s eyes glosses over and her pupils dilate. This is a sign of arousal. This sign does not change in any setting but is most important when you are courting a woman, if she has glossed over eyes and is looking intently at you kiss the girl.
Excessive Blinking – This is a sign that can change due to environment or idiosyncratic behaviors. Some women will blink more often sometimes when we are aroused our blink rate goes up. Average blink rate for most adults is 10 a minute or about 1 every 6 seconds. In the gif she blinks 7 times in 8 seconds, do you think you’d even notice? This isn’t always a sign but it CAN be.
Won’t take her eyes off of You – Sometimes a woman won’t be able to take her eyes off of you it’s not just long lasting but she never really looks away. I’ve had several women do this to me. This happens in any and every environment. Women with excessive excitement in their body language like this early on can come across as stage 5 clingers with this long eye contact.
Eye contact is the signal you need most and if a woman is locking eyes or making strong eye contact there is really no reason to need to think too much but to escalate however don’t forget about preens and submissive signals. Women will send them with their eye contact creating a body language cluster to give you more assurance of her attraction.
Note: Look downs are a prominent sign of attraction offered up with eye contact.
Eye contact is very simple to read when it comes to attraction, if she is making it a lot or doing lots of it she is likely at the very least interested in you. Sometimes it may be negative but don’t trip on it get over it more often than not it’s positive. When a woman is making eye contact she is likely attracted but as with everything look for her idiosyncratic behaviors, context, and overall body language to read her attraction. Be sure to baseline to begin and you can be sure to get a clearer picture.
Peace and Love