Given’s Courtship process is relatively simple, when it comes to courtship his is the most basic. I like it’s simplicity and there are certainly different things I’ve gained a different outlook on from a look at his ideals and observations of courtship.
- Attention- The first phase of his courtship process is attention. You need to get the attention of the person you want to hook up with. If you don’t have their attention then there is no way to advance the courtship process.
- Recognition- The second phase is recognition of signals sent, this is where women shine and men don’t. Women are far more intuitive than men and thus recognize attraction far easier than men. Once you gain attention you need them to recognize and reciprocate some interest.
- Interaction- This is the part I call the interview because this is the part where most men make it or break it. You either get the job or you don’t. Interaction is the phase after recognition but recognition doesn’t always mean she is already attracted. You can gain attraction in the interaction phase.
- Touch- Touch is the next part of courtship process. It’s pretty basic, you can touch within the first bit or even to start the interaction (“accidently” bumping shoulders). Touch is obviously a very important part of courtship it helps build a connection and elevate the sexual tension.
- Sex- Obviously this would be the final phase of courtship. The final phase to attempting to continue the species is sex.
Given’s courtship process is really the most general but when you think about it there is a lot contained within each. Attention is usually started out by women (how they dress, eye contact, etc.), they actually normally start the courtship process though it’s commonly thought men make the first move.