I enjoy reading Leil Lowdnes a ton. She gives a great perspective on females, is well educated, and words things in a way that is easy to understand. In her book Undercover Sex Signals she gives what she considers the body language of the perfect pick up. It’s mainly just Perper’s observations but I’m going to list her steps because I think they are true to the natural courtship process.
- When you walk up to a woman rather than engage her head on, you walk up or sit beside her. You walk up with a pace that isn’t threatening in speed. Then you turn your head toward her as your first step so that you don’t engage her full on. Start small talk.
- You slowly turn your torso. Not in a way to be directly facing her but in a way where you begin to angle your torso in their direction in a nonthreatening way that shows interest.
- Your body faces her body at a comfortable pace. This means your body’s eventually face each other completely and you close yourselves off to everyone in the area.
- As you guys start to face each other you start to lean in closing the distance. There is a magnetic pull with our attraction and we lean in to close the distance.
- Again don’t be over responsive, lean in when the attraction and comfort is there.Start to copy body language. You start falling in sync and naturally start copying body language. This is what we do when we have a lot of rapport with someone regardless but in courtship you will be facing each other entirely.
This is a good basic model to follow when it comes to nonthreatening escalation while building on initial attraction.