Ok sorry guys been busy let’s get the next Dance Floor Overtures up.
8. Attention Dancing- Often time we’ll make eye contact with someone and when they are attracted they will dance with more zest per se. They dance with more rhythm and more shake when they know you are looking, trying to keep your attention.
9. Dance Copying- Sometimes a girl, this I’ve noticed a lot, will start copying your dance moves. It is just another form of isopraxism. If you move your hips a certain way she may try and copy it. I happen to have a lot of foot movement when I dance so girls often times try and copy it. You will just notice them falling in sync with you.
10. Preening- Preening still happens guys, it’s just much harder to figure out whether that preen is dedicated to dancing or dedicated to you. A lot of girls shake their head around and adjust their hair while they dance anyways. The head whip is an example of this as well. Some girls will still push down their skirt or play with their glasses. You will see them adjust their appearance in some way.
11. Touch- Ok this is very context related but a girl may at some point “bump” into you. This is based on how busy it is, but if a girl keeps bumping into you she is trying to get your attention and when you bump her back if she flirts a little you are in good shape. Often times a girl will react negatively if she doesn’t want to be touched when she is not attracted. This might mean she moves back or she puts up barriers.
12. Route Selection- This is similar to geographic selection, but in this particular case a girl goes on a dance floor and she walks by you on purpose with no intention of dancing. This doesn’t mean she intends to dance but that she is trying to get you to pay attention. If a girl keeps walking past an area that isn’t a high traffic area, you likely have a girl fairly interested she just hasn’t found an excuse to break the ice. With these girls an extension of the hand to her while dancing may be all you need to start dancing with her.
13. Feminine Display- This is a combination of everything really. What happens is a girl will see you and she will show off certain aspects of herself that say “I am an attractive female”. She will give hip movement, show chest movement, etc. Basically she is advertising her sexual signs, saying “I’m a women see how I move my hips”. Or she may bring attention to her chest, shoulders (showing smaller shoulders is a sign of feminine), face, or genitals, the point is to advertise they are female. It is very hard to explain but you will notice girls doing this if you pay attention.
14. Submissive Signals- They still exist, a women will submit before you, it’s not a rare trait for a women to show wrist exposure, neck exposure, bow a head slightly, etc. They show the same signals they do throughout courtship however the difference is it is hard to tell sometimes whether it is on purpose, subconscious, or just even rhythmic. Dancing allows you to flail your arms, feet, and body, so sometimes it is hard to figure out whether it is for you or not.
15. Presentation- A girl will back into you. Presenting so to speak, it happens more often then you realize. A girl may bend down slightly and back into you. It’s very rarely this obvious but most girls have much better peripheral vision and a better understanding of who is in the area. Sometimes a girl will back into you knowingly, other times it is a simple accident. It’s up to you to pay attention to whether it is directed at you or not. When a girls bends down dancing in front of you or makes eye contact then turns around and bends over to dance with you it is a sign of presentation. Keep in mind guys we are animals, primates, and just like primates (and most other animals) we present, girls on a dance floor present with the same style as most other animals, by bending over in front of you.
16. Obvious Invitation- There is an obvious overture where a girl will just out right walk up and extend her hand this happens to me here and there but it is rare when a girl is this open with her overtures. Most women that do this aren’t the most impressive in my personal experiences; they have to send very strong overtures because they aren’t getting signals by men themselves. I saved this for last because to me it doesn’t need much deciphering.
Dancing signs are some of the hardest to read, eye contact is the most important part. If a girl wants to dance with you she will be doing something and likely make eye contact and modify her body language by doing one of these signals. They get your attention then try and have you recognize the signal they are sending you. They are hard to read initially but they are quite obvious when you are used to observing them. You guys will start to notice most of these signals everywhere you go, but it is up to you to figure out whether they are signals, and more importantly whether they are signals to you.