Multi Part blog on Dance Floor Overtures
Hey guys, this particular blog is not related any one particular social occasion but is a collaboration of signs I’ve seen before. This will be centered on the dance floor. This will have specific signs I’ve seen, I will be referred to as dance floor overtures. When a girl sees you and she wants to dance with you. Just like when she wants you to come talk to her and she is open to an approach. These attraction signals will have a lot in common with regular attraction but in some ways more subtle and in others quite a bit more open this normally depends on the woman and how confident she is. Confident women tend to send much stronger overtures.
1. Eye contact- This is the most important part because we tend to pay attention to people we are attracted to or interested in. Always look to see which women are making eye contact. Eye contact is the one signal that can make you pretty confident they are attracted. For most confidence in the signs look for repeated eye contact.
2. Space- This is very obvious when you think about it logically. We dance close to people we are comfortable with. We also dance closest to the people we are most attracted too. Always take into consideration the context of the amount of space. If it is packed the amount of space is a limiting factor.
3. Geographical Choice- This should be obvious but something we don’t take into consideration. A girl will often times choose a specific area to dance. Sometimes it’s because there is more space, other times it’s just in general. However on lots of occasions it’s because they are near someone they are attracted to, or in an area where they are comfortable with these strangers. If a girl keeps popping up in your area and makes repeated eye contact she is likely attracted to you. In one case I had a girl repeatedly dance in front of me no matter which way I faced and where I was on the dance floor.
4. Smile- A women who smiles at you while you are dancing is saying I like the way you dance or move. This should be a pretty obvious, a smile from a girl is a good thing, in any way. If she makes eye contact and smiles at you she got your attention and showed recognition. These are David Givens first steps in courtship.
5. Head Whip- A lot of times a girl dancing shows her attraction to a man with a small head whip, this is a regular part of courtship. A woman often times will make eye contact and a jerking of the head, something I refer to as the head whip (as well as others).
6. Torso Facing- This is very difficult to see. Dancing allows people to move in a way that can make it seem as though it’s incidental. So for this to work out take into consideration which way she faces most often, and there is an obvious need for eye contact. This is the hardest read for me, I can’t tell whether they are facing me or not. I have to consciously pay attention to whether she is showing bias in one way or another.
7. Feet- This to me is also very difficult but sometimes a woman will point her foot at you even while dancing. This should be an obvious sign but can come across as quite incidental. Often times we point out foot at the person we are attracted to and to be quite honest the feet are the most honest part of our body. We use them so subconsciously that we often don’t realize what we are saying with our feet.
Here is the first 7 signs. I will post another 7 signs sometime over the next week.
I will also include how I’ve observed is easiest to dance with women. As yet another blog.